Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why Domestic Violence?

Why indeed. 


Why does domestic violence even have to exist?  I chose it as the subject matter of my first full-length novel because there have been some family members and friends affected by it and I wanted to somehow share their stories.  To me it is important for others to read about this subject, even in fiction, in order to learn that it does exist, it does hurt, but that help is available!  After the bruises fade, the emotional scars can last a lifetime. The children of violent households learn from the violence, and it can be an unending cycle of abuse in families.  It doesn't have to be, however.  It takes strength, courage and God's help to get through the pain and make it to safety.  Time.  The support of others.  Please, I encourage you; if you or someone you know is affected by abuse of any kind, get help.  It is not your fault!  There are many resources ready to assist.  Don't go another minute without seeking assistance.  You are loved.


Matthew 10:30-32

King James Version (KJV)
 30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
 31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.


*A note about my book:  although it is about abuse, I have tried my best to keep the writing as light as possible.  There is very minimal references and most of it is implied rather than "visible" in the book.  I know that this is a difficult subject matter, so I tried my best to keep a balance in the writing.  The book is inspirational, which does mean that there are triumphs...just keep reading!  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment