Friday, April 20, 2012

My Proof Is Here!

Okay, there is just something about getting an actual, physical, hardcopy proof of my book that makes me smile!  CreateSpace did a wonderful job and the layout, cover, and quality are great!  But it does teach me one thing about the necessity of ordering proofs.  At first glance, everything was perfect, and there were no need for changes.  But I took a second look at my Copyright page, where I had typed my ISBN numbers.  One tiny typo.  One number, one digit off.  The barcode on the cover was correct, because CreateSpace automatically fills that in from the system. But my hand-typed number on the inside was off.  So I had to make a teensy change and re-upload the file.  Now I will hear back in 48 hours that it is available to re-proof although I think I can skip the step the second time around.  I'm "thismuch" closer to a print edition, and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment