Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pen Graveyard

So I've been writing the past week or so by hand, which is quite a change for me.  I mentioned that it helps me keep focused, away from the computer distractions that eat up some of my writing time.  What I've also discovered is that pens don't seem to have much ink in them anymore?  I'm pretty sure it is the type of pen I'm using, the gel pens with a medium tip.  There's something about the way the ink flows that makes my writing feel "solid" on the page.  However, after writing a few thousand words, the pens dry up.  I've hand written about 10,000 words and have gone through two and a half pens already.  My husband asked about the collection of pens on the end table.  I told him that they were there in hopes that they would magically start writing again after a rest.  Ha.  They do not, in fact, write anymore once they have died.  It is almost enough to make me get out an inkwell and use that instead.  What would Jane Austen do?


No comments:

Post a Comment